Chances are that you aren’t ready to hear this, but winter is officially here, so put your dancing shoes on and get your legs ready for all of those holiday parties you know you will be going to.
Personally the holidays are my favorite time of year. There is just something so magical about them. I used to get so excited when all of the stores would start bringing out the Christmas decorations, because I knew it was time for me to get in the holiday spirit. As a November baby, I always had to wait until after my birthday to start decorating, but if you knew me as a kid, you knew I would have my house lit up by November 23rd. The day right after my birthday!
As an adult, my spirit hasn’t faded, it’s just changed. Instead of gorging on candy, I gorge on mulled wine at the Christmas Market, and champagne with my friends at all of the seasonal parties. I’ve never been one to show up to a party without looking my best and usually winter has never deterred me from bearing my legs, so here’s a few tips that I use to get my legs ready for the holidays.
- Shave regularly, or shave well. This may seem like an obvious one, but some of us aren’t always the best at this. Myself included. However, investing in a good razor and shave gel can go a long way. A good razor and a good moisturizing routine can actually mean a closer shave, meaning you won’t actually have to shave your legs every day. I use Skintimate Shave Gel and my Schick Hydrosilk Razor or my Schick QuattroYou razors when I am on the go. At home, I use my Hydrosilk Trimstyle for those difficult areas (like a bikini line for example). I personally prefer Schick over other brands because of its water activated moisturizer. It’s great for sensitive skin!
- Moisturize every single day! Go for the heavy duty moisturizer if you can. Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Lotion is my everyday go-to.
- Apply a light bronzing oil to your skin after moisturizing, Shoppers Drug Mart has a wide selection of generic brands you can choose from. This will help make sure your legs wont reflect all the Christmas Lights in the neighbourhood.
- One step to get your legs looking like you’ve been working out for ages (even if you haven’t) is to do some quick calf raises right before you head out for the night. Find some stairs or a sidewalk curb and do 3 sets of 15 calf raises, voila! Instant definition!
- Pick a dress that shows them off. If you’re heading to a work party or a family gathering, I suggest a mid-length dress to stay appropriate! For an NYE Party, go ahead and go short – let those legs free!
Whatever you’re doing this holiday season, I hope you have a blast and I hope these tips help you feel your best!
Disclosure: A big thanks to Schick Hydrosilk Canada for sponsoring this post., It’s partnerships like these that help keep Living Boldly alive! All content and opinions are my own.